A bit chili….
we were in the aisle at Target getting pepperocini and i had a relish panic. could have been triggered by struggling to get CD out of the princess section. but, an unknowing man, who looked a bit like Roger Sterling, entered the aisle.
Me: ‘excuse me, may i ask you a question?’
man takes tiny steps backwards!
okay, i have both children with me, i’m not asking you for your wallet or a DNA sample. why the panic?
Me: ‘i’m having a hot dog bar thing for a party and i’m not a relish person. is it sweet or dill?’
Man: (visible relief and a strange calm/confidence comes over him…seriously, it was visible) Sweet. And you have to have chili. Everyone will want chili.
K’A POW! left field zinger, panic man! he’s back in the game. nice recovery.
But do i? it will be 84 and sunny. Do i, Tumblebunnies? and if so, i’m not making a batch of chili. what brand is the best to buy to scratch this itch?
side note: if someone speaks fluent spanish, message me. i’m putting some cute pics of one of R’s classmates in the mail and i don’t want the mom to think i’m a stalker.
35 Notes/ Hide
- ifapictureisworthathousandwords likes this
- electradaddy said: Chili AND slaw.
- electradaddy likes this
- oursarah likes this
- hazelleyez said: Chow chow is the bomb-digity here in the South.
- eatdrinkbemommie likes this
- ehretha said: Yes Chili but I have no idea about a good store bought brand- good luck!
- ehretha likes this
- midwestern-momma said: No need for chili. That’s overkill. If it were there, maybe 1/4 of the people would take some, and if it’s not there, nobody would even notice.
- spellman said: Ketchup, mustard, sweet relish, chopped onions, sport peppers, dill spears, celery salt, tomato slices, NO chili, and you’ll be a hot dog hero!! Good Luck!!!
- undercover-mama likes this
- mammalingo said: You don’t need chili. Anything beyond mustard is already great. And, if I know you, you’ve already gone way beyond mustard.
- areallifegrownupmom likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- punkdad said: Canned hot dog chili
- theramblingark said: Oh…also, regarding the relish. I do like to take some Wickles (Wicked Pickles, you can find them in the pickle aisle) and dice them up for relish. A bit more refined-ish.
- alexieileen said: Chili is great! I liked Castleberry’s or whatever it’s called back when I ate red meat. IT WA THE BEST. You can get it with or without onions.
- guyfsmiley said: you should just get like 2 cans of hormel chili with beans. if people want chili for their hotdogs, they won’t be chili snobs haha
- lazydad said: Chili seems like a commitment, whether from a can or from scratch. I say bring the sweet relish and some other stuff and call it a day. 84 is too hot for chili, IMHO.
- llmbandgcb likes this
- parentingthewayweseeit likes this
- butdadsaid said: forget that! Go to 7/11. Grab a small cup, then cruise over and fill it half way with cheese and half with chili, then bounce.
- mamaolympias likes this
- mamaolympias said: I speak fluent Spanish. I can’t send a message via cell phone though. Sorry!
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- ladyofleisuredc likes this
- daddynobucks likes this
- amasianmom likes this
- iused2knowwhattosay said: yo hable español tambien Sahmmy, I did take tiny steps backwards while saying that :p
- iused2knowwhattosay likes this
- thesahmmy posted this